– Site Suitability
- We visit your property to ensure that there is enough space to build.
- We make sure there is adequate access.
- Confirm compliance with building requirements either complying consent or DA approval through Council application
– Obligation fee proposal
- We work with you to choose a design.
- You decide if you want any major additions such as verandas, patios, carports etc.
- You can choose colours at a later date
- At this point we present you with an obligation free quote.
– Preliminary Agreement
- This is the design and approval stage of the project.
- This includes a survey of your property and existing improvements.
- Includes final design and drawings including all elevations.
- Includes submission for council approval.
- This stage will require customer acceptance of our quote and payment of the design package fee. The preliminary agreement acts as an initial deposit and is included in the overall price of the dwelling. This amount is deducted of the first payment when the contract is signed.
– Colour Selections
- This is where you can customise your granny flat to suit the look and feel of your property and your personal tastes.
- You can choose your colours for outside including windows, cladding, roof and paintwork etc.
- You can choose your colours for inside including kitchen cupboards and benchtops, tiles, floors, ceiling and walls.
- You choose the fittings such as light fittings, door knobs, kitchen appliances and bathroom plumbing fittings.
- This is where things start to happen.
- After council approval is finalised, your HIA plain English contract is prepared.
- You pay a deposit less the amount paid in the preliminary agreement.
- Our progress payment schedules are in keeping with industry standards and are based on the value of work at each stage.
*This schedule can be varied if necessary to suit your lender’s requirements.
– Construction Stage
- Our team of qualified tradesmen work closely with you for minimal disruption.
- We have an efficient process in the construction phase, giving you an enjoyable experience. There are five basic steps in the construction process:
- Practical completion ( door knobs, painting, fittings, blinds)
- Professional final clean
- You are now free to move in or rent out your new granny flat!